January is National Mentoring Month:
Unit 40 Mentoring Program appreciates each and every Mentor and the thousands of hours they donate each year to our students.
10 THINGS TO DO IN JANUARY
- 1. Become a mentor in your community.
- 2. Learn more about mentoring.
- 3. Partner with a mentoring organization.
- 4. Join "I Am a Mentor" Day on January 10.
- 5. Think about the mentors in your life, post a tribute to them online, then tweet about them using the #NationalMentoringMonth hashtag.
- 6. Read the latest research and find resources on mentoring.
- 7. Serve your community on MLK Day of Service, by deciding to become a mentor.
- 8. Make a donation to a mentoring organization in your community.
- 9. Go to YouTube on Thank Your Mentor Day™ (January 17) and make the National Mentoring Month videos the most popular of the day.
- 10. Explore ways to help children succeed academically through mentoring.