January is National Mentoring Month:
Unit 40 Mentoring Program appreciates each and every Mentor and the thousands of hours they donate each year to our students. Currently the program has over 150 mentors meeting each week with 150 students within the district.
10 THINGS TO DO IN JANUARY
- 1. Become a mentor in your community.
- 2. Learn more about mentoring.
- 3. Partner with a mentoring organization.
- 4. Join "I Am a Mentor" Day on January 10.
- 5. Think about the mentors in your life, post a tribute to them online, then tweet about them using the #NationalMentoringMonth hashtag.
- 6. Read the latest research and find resources on mentoring.
- 7. Serve your community on MLK Day of Service, by deciding to become a mentor.
- 8. Make a donation to a mentoring organization in your community.
- 9. Go to YouTube on Thank Your Mentor Day™ (January 17) and make the National Mentoring Month videos the most popular of the day.
- 10. Explore ways to help children succeed academically through mentoring.