Effingham High School Advisory 2017-2018
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. - Jimmy Dean
- Advisory is a structured program desinged to engage and support students through experiences that enhance academic and personal growth.
- Advisory occurs approximately twice a month for twenty-five minutes.
Goals of Advisory
- Create and promote a positive school environment
- Enhance personal and social skills
- Encourage students to be active in community
- Improve student academic achievement
- Foster an environment where students feel safe and included
- Assist students toward academic and career goals
- Provide opportunities for conversations and trust building
- Facilitate experiences designed to guide students toward personal/social skill development